Tips for clearing your garden this Autumn
25 Oct 2017
With the weather taking a turn towards the colder months and the ground arrayed with fallen leaves, it's a great time of the year to have a clear out and get your garden prepped for the springtime.
You may have already begun planning for the new year, or maybe you're trying to avoid it and hang on to what's left of this year! Regardless, you'll appreciate the results next year if you take the time to prepare now...
Here are some of our top tips for clearing your garden this Autumn:
- Secure your fencing to withstand poor weather
- Give your grass a trim - you won't need to cut it as short as you would during the summer, but it will benefit from a final trim before winter sets in
- Get rid of any decaying leaves to keep your lawn protected
- Prune trees and shrubs
- Protect exposed water pipes against frost
- Get those bulbs planted and ready for Spring
- Store any garden items that are unlikely to be protected against the change in weather
From rakes and secateurs to forks and wheelbarrows, we have a variety of options for you to choose from in our current online range.